While everyone gripes about the ridiculous gas prices

While everyone gripes about the ridiculous gas prices 
 
...and thinks the future is electric……. Well there’s a long way to go.
 
Yes I love my Tesla, around town it’s fun and sporty, extremely economical, and a great looking car that needs no maintenance and only a full charge once a week that I can do at home. But you aren’t always at home…..
 
See that’s where we are many many years behind in the electric industry and I believe the wagon will be put in front of the horse if things do not change…. But that’s kinda become the standard in this administration, big aspirations with no planning and even worse execution.
 
This picture here is my car at a Tesla Supercharger. I’ll type this while I wait 20-30 mins to charge and continue my trip. This process will add approximately 1-1.5 hours to my total trip of 400 miles. In my wait I’ll make this post. I’m occupying 1 of 8 chargers for :30 mins. Rarely do I see a full charging station but I haven’t been to bigger cities. During my 400 mile trip I’ll have to stop at almost every charger to make sure I top off enough to get to the next charger so it doesn’t let the car run out of battery, but also comes at the cost of some inconvenience while driving long distances. I’m about to leave the supercharger with 267 miles in battery and the speed I drive, the heat on in the car, coupled with cooler temps outside will make sure when I stop in 94 miles I’ll have used about 170 miles of battery. 
 
The lack of charging stations alone along with slow charge would cripple interstate travel if the road was full of electric vehicles. I doubt in my lifetime I’ll see electric vehicles as the main source of travel. Technology is advancing but fossil fuel vehicles aren’t going anywhere and more are made daily. You can’t push for the electric vehicle as industry standard unless you have experienced the cons. 
 
Kinda like how horrible people thought Trump was until this administration showed, sometimes what you want isn’t near as cool as what you didn’t realize you had.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AN INTERESTING CONCLUSION… SOLAR FARMS WILL BECOME THUNDERSTORM and TORONADO INCUBATORS and MAGNETS.

IT’S A LITTLE LONG BUT DEFINITELY WORTH THE READ

Fact Checking The Claim Of 97% Consensus On Anthropogenic Climate Change